I just received two season tickets to the Phoenix Coyotes because IBM/LSI rented a luxury suite. I've tried to ignore the fact that both Phoenix and Coyotes consist of 7 letters and though it's not working, it is not really the subject of this blog entry. But it is interesting to note that I have never owned season tickets to anything because, frankly, it puts too much pressure on me to keep track of things like "what date is it today?" Another small element of that truth is that I've never had $2400 to spend on tickets, plus gas, goodies, time, etc. to watch hockey in a location that is as close to East L.A. as it is to my home in Gilbert. In case you didn't know, the Phoenix Coyotes play their games in Glendale, AZ. As you know, there is a Glendale, CA - not in East L.A. but nevertheless in the L.A. area - and, though I can't imagine it is true, I was thinking that it is far enough from Gilbert to Glendale, AZ that perhaps Glendale, AZ is on the eastern suburban fringes of the Real Glendale, which is in California. But I thought about that and it's not really logical but I guess as some point someone is going to say "Hey, Glendale and Glendale ought to be Sister Cities!" I don't know about you, but when I hear of our city government spending literally thousands of dollars to become the Sister City to Lizenputz, Lichtenstein, I start to think that having an American Sister City is a pretty good idea. Some say "Buy American;" I say, "Spend American" and "Be a Sister City with an American City", and stuff like that. It's part of the advanced intellectual capital that I spend on a daily basis in an effort to stay politically correct.

So, anyway, I received these two season tickets and I thought, "you know, I can just hear my entire base of readership (6-7 really smart people with a l i t t l e too much time on their hands....) who read my blog would like to know if the Number 7 is lurking somewhere on these season tickets." Now, you know this topic has ceased to be of interest to me for quite some time now (I've been 'clean' for a week......make that a week and a day), but people sometimes call me about something else and if the subject of '7' comes up they always say "you ought to see Number 23, a movie starring Jim Carey where Mr. Rubber Face gets obsessed with a number and it drives him to the nut house." So, based on those calls, I have concluded that interest in the Number 7 is at an all time high - which is not that far from the all time low, but I'm a 'glass half full' kind of guy, so let's go with that approach for how. And, while Jim Carey is more famous than I am and the movie might be good, I might find myself copying some of the stuff from The Number 23 and, with my luck, I'd end up doing several years of 'hard time' for plagiarism, and who knows where I'd end up and whose boy I'd be?
So what's up with the tickets? I'm sure it is as obvious to you as it was to me! If you add the digits of the seat numbers (12 and 13) together the result is what you might expect: 1+2+1+4 = 7. So there you have it, another case where a random event is apparently not as random as one might think! And that's not even mentioning that the seats are in Section Number 209 (9-2 = 7). I know, I know, that is backwards, but 2-9 = (7) and, as I mentioned, I am a 'glass half full' kind of guy. Plus I have an unconfirmed case of manic dyslexia which on occasion causes me to look at things in a manner different. So, as you can see, subtracting numbers in a backward direction is not only mathematically possible, but highly encouraged.
I have to admit that today's story concerning my storied associated with the 'Number 7' is a little far-fetched but, as concerns my life, Far-Fetched is the new Normal.
Or hadn't you noticed?

No comments:
Post a Comment