Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School for Da Baby Girls!

Jennifer took this great picture of The Twins before they got on the bus on their first day of school, and it was so cute that I figured I'd post it, even though no one reads my blog anymore (Ava on the left, Brynlee on the right).

Maybe no one reads my blog because, sometime in 2008, I said I was going to change the tone of my blog away from writing prose to something else....and that something else is covering family history. Well, it's more than 2 years later and I'm finally making good on my commitment.

Jenny told us a cute story that ties in with these pics, which were taken on the morning of their first day of school:

"Ava and Brynlee were in bed, and I noticed they were whispering to each other. I reminded them that it was time for them to go to bed, and asked them what they were doing, to which Ava said "We're talking about our friends."

Trite phrases like "Out of the Mouths of Babes" come to mind, but it is so much different when it is your 3 year old granddaughter that says it - it becomes a personal badge of pride, as if no other grandchildren says cool things except mine. Forgive me, etc. etc.

Luke, Jenny and Da Baby Girls stayed with us last weekend (beginning 8/21/10) and, as always, it ended much too quickly for our taste. We look forward to seeing them again mid-September.

No comments:

We Are Not Alone

We Are Not Alone